Sunday, October 7, 2007

New story up

Greetings world! The new chapter of a new story is now up!

Diablo 2: Prodigy. It continues with the first line of the D2 stories I did. I'm glad those who read Fallen liked it so much. It was meant as a side story and is shorter than its predecessors.

And so, Rune, Ferrum, Alys and the ever-lovable metal golem Spikey are re-introduced. Krysta's missing, I'll figure another story for her to appear in after this one. I do have various possible plans for her, really. Just not sure which to pick.

I still remember that people _LOVE_ Spikey. I got various e-mails from visitors of the site I used to write for that mentioned Spikey and how much they enjoyed his mischief. I'm glad, I love the little metal midget.

I don't know how long Prodigy will run for. I've got about 6 definite chapters planned, but it could be more considering how much I flesh out the basic plot and such.

Anyways, other than that, things are all good considering. I've been thinking of trying my hand at another fanfic that isn't Diablo 2. For those of you who don't know, Shadow of the Colossus happens to be one of my favourite games of all time. I cried at least twice during it and had many close moments of sniffling.

I do love the story and the artistic direction. It's a beautifully done video game and I do like how vague the story is as it leaves room for much to tweak with. But that being said, I do fear bastardizing the story by writing a fan fic for it.

Hopefully I can do it some justice. As far as I know, the team behind SoTC named the man "Wander" and the woman "Mono" if you paid attention to the credits at the end. :)

Have any of you read the document dissecting the theories behind the story of SoTC on gamefaqs.com? I particularly like the one of Wander loving Mono, but it being unrequited love. However, that doesn't make for good material to read in a fan fic; it would just be him basically jerking it... or fantasizing.

Also, I don't want to guess Mono's age.

For the sake of the fanfic, she'd be 18. Anything less is just... blech.

And for the sake of fanfic, Wander's in his early 20s. :)

Meh, I'll entertain the notion for awhile. Prodigy needs to be done first. There's also a Resident Evil (game series, not movie series) fanfic I've been thinking of writing, but I'm not sure.

So, we'll see.

No comments: