Monday, October 15, 2007

A slow down!

My writing will be currently experiencing a slow down. Projected date of Prodigy being complete will be pushed back to March 2008.

I've decided to try my hand at a few other video game fanfics. Hopefully one of them will work out and my style of writing translates well. It worries me though that some of them have definite plot and aren't open enough to allow for my fudging.

Also, the feedback for Diablo 2 stories is TERRIBLE. My writing cannot improve if I don't get some feedback as to grammar errors, what the general thoughts on it are, etc. I think many writers will agree with me that even though our stories are free, we don't put them out there without our own personal reasons of doing.

But, that is the nature of the internet, isn't it? Everything for free and nothing given back.

I've written for two other places besides aff.net: Greyarchive.org and Fanfiction.net. Those two communities seemed a lot more supportive of its writers. Oh, there were freeloaders, but it felt like for every 100 freeloaders there was one reviewer and the reviews often came as soon as a new chapter was up.

::shakes her head:: It's kind of disappointing, but all that can really be done is look for other sites to post at as well.

No comments: