Monday, April 16, 2007

Fallen: Chapter 5 notes (contains spoilers)

CONTAINS SPOILERS ABOUT FALLEN.. Chapter 5

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

I really do wonder how many people saw that the person controlling Diemma was Lanai. I could've made it one of the paladins in Valerius' company, but that seemed so off to work in. They've known him for how long and only now decide to show true evil? Lanai seemed the perfect candidate given how it makes sense. She's not the only survivor because she fled, she's the only survivor because she orchestrated the whole thing using Diemma as key to it.

Diemma was the one she used to do her bidding and put Avellai in a dangerous situation. Whenever Diemma was with Avellai, allowing her to use her, Lanai could eavesdrop and use Diemma to push Avellai closer to her death.

It's kinda sad. I'm still unsure as to write Diemma's dealing with her being somewhat responsible for Avellai's death. Diemma had said she respected Avellai, which was true, but also understated. She very much saw Avellai as a friend and, though Avellai used her, Diemma was happy with it. She wanted to help people, but given her state of mind, she couldn't trust herself to do only that to people, so that's where Avellai came in hand; Diemma no longer had to be around people to help them.


In terms of my writing, sometimes I think that I'm not putting enough variety in my words or technique (if that's what you can call it.) I sometimes flip through a few books in my collection while I'm writing, picking up on authors' different ways of delivery and try to adapt to that for a paragraph or so.

Ah well, I'm starting to wrap up the story. The true enemy is known! Dun dun dun!

No comments: