Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's been 4 years

I'm almost hesitant to start this blog, but I need a place to clear my head. So take this at face value really, and try not to think too much about it. This could very well be the rantings of a mad woman.

Lady Jasmine is my pen name, but also very much my actual name. I am very much in love with the scent and appearance of jasmines. It is the "King of Flowers" yet the idea of a flower being given a masculine title is probably also what gives its relation to me. I'm a bit of a tomboy.... and that itself is probably a bit of an understatement.

The last time I wrote any story at an adult-level was maybe four years ago. I stopped writing after everything I longed for was found in my boyfriend—whom I'm still happily with. I think it's important to mention that majority of what I wrote was in some way inspired by him. I've never written any slash or gore fics because I could never picture myself doing that to him or him to me. And that's really what it boils down to. If I can't see it, I can't write it.

I used to write for the Greyarchive and adultfanfiction.net then just fanfiction.net. I didn't really like the layout of adultfanfiction.net, plus it's hard to get constructive criticism from that place since reviews are published. Greyarchive was ok for reviews in terms of the numbers of e-mail I got after each chapter publish. My only beef was not knowing how many people read, which is probably why I'm a fan of adultfanfiction.net

Fanfiction.net used to have adult stories, then they changed their policy, so I changed to rewriting all my work as PG-13 romances. Which I quite liked. But now, after three years since I've been there, I've come back to aff.net. I have no problems with their forums or site admins yet; I pretty much keep to myself as I probably should have with other sites.

Well.... we'll see how this goes.

No comments: